Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crochet Project: Slippers!

Another pattern from So Pretty! Crochet, these little slippers were incredibly quick to make, and fairly simple.  The directions in the book are straight forward, and definitely beginner worthy.  I shortened them up just a bit, as I thought they were going to run big on me, but as it turned out, I probably should have stuck with the pattern as is.  Although the do "stretch" a bit, the design of the pattern allows for them to tighten up a bit at the end.  After a few days, I had stretched a whole in the toe since my smaller version ended up being, well.. too small.

So, the lesson of the experiment is stick with the pattern!  I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn for these guys to keep my feets nice and warm. These were also super popular on my Facebook and Instagram, so I'm planning on making them for gifts, and maybe even try to sell them!

The pair only took about 2.5 hours to make (which for me is very fast).

No comments:

Post a Comment