Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 1 Day 2: Eggplant and Tofu Stir Fry

Eggplant and Tofu Stir Fry

Today;s meal was a vegetarian meal, which I have no problem with but I was not a fan at all of this one. The recipe called for quite a bit of hoision sauce (found in the Asian aisle), and it was just not my style. It's very sweet, and almost tastes like maple syrup. I'm also still trying to figure out how to cook tofu. I've found that freezing and dethawing allows me to get more moisture out, but the tofu tends to crumble after the dethaw. I followed this recipe exactly and it took about 25 minutes, plus additional cooking time for the rice because I used long grain rice. Taste wise, I only give this a 3 out of 10. Not a fan of the sweetness. It wasn't terribly hard to make, and I used 2 pans, a bowl and a dish plus measuring utensils. Clean up was simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment