Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 1 Day 5: Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash (YUMMY!)

Chorizo-Stuffed Acorn Squash

First of all, a few admissions.

1) I don't know where to find chorizo, so I bought spicy italian sausage that was pre-shreaded. 

2) I had to Google bulgur, and then I had to go to the healthfood store to get it because Ralph's did not have it, or at least I could not find it.

3) I cut the acorn the wrong direction, so I used a cupcake pan after I stuffed it, so that all of the stuffing wouldn't fall out.

HOWEVER, I created a very yummy meal. This was my first time cooking with any kind of squash.  They are hard! But, after you cut through it (I did sharp side of the knife, the rotated the squash around the knife), it's not so bad.   Cutting the squash was the only remotely hard part of the recipe.  Everything else was very simple, and fast.   The squash provided a bit of sweetness, and really complimented the stuffed stuff.  It was delish!  I will have this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment